Saturday, October 02, 2021

Buddies

It was a beautiful day today. I drove the convertible to work with the top down - it could be the last day doing that for quite some time.

I know we don’t want to think about the holidays yet but they will be here before we know it. There is a cute new patten from Blue Sky Fibers and I was going to start my post with it but I think that these should start the post. 

Cathy knit these last year. One set went to her mom and I got another set. They are so amazing!!
These are SnoBuddies (pattern purchased on Ravelry). I would recommend Cascade 220 for the bodies and then extras you have lying around for the hats and scarves. Woolstok Bundles would be great for the accessories as well.
Adorable little snow-people, all playing dress-up for the cold. Five versions to knit in worsted wt singles, heavy worsted, or Aran wt yarns.

Blue Sky Fibers has a new pattern (it’s free on Ravelry) for Christmas Tree Decorations. 
You need one Woolstok Bundle. These are Holiday Cheer.
Our limited edition holiday Woolstok Bundles are designed for crafting of all kinds; knit, crochet, weave, felt and more. With each mini hank measuring at 12 yards each (10 meters), there are endless ways for these little bundles to make a big presence in your store. Every bundle includes 3 mini-hanks of 7 different shades giving you plenty of options to explore color. Pick your favorite colorway and begin creating.
There was a hat pattern released last year. This pattern is also free on Ravelry.

Don’t forget about Churchmouse Yarns Jolly Wee Elves.
I used a Woolstok bundle for mine. The yarn is thicker than the pattern calls for so I used 3.5mm needles.
You can purchase the pattern on the Churchmouse website.

These little handmade pals, created by Jennifer Evans, are perfect on the holiday mantelpiece, tree, or packages. But they’ll celebrate any season cheerfully! Originally designed for fingering-weight yarn , we love them just as much a bit bigger in DK-weight yarn. Once we started knitting them, we just couldn’t stop!

With elves, it's certainly true that the more you make, the merrier! They’ll naturally all turn out a little different, but you can make them even more various: Taller. Shorter. Plumper. Thinner. All green for St. Paddy’s day. All pink for your Valentine. All white for a snowman with a smart black hat and coal buttons. Once you’ve got the hang of it, the only limit is your imagination. Knit up a whole neighborhood of wee elves!

I thought my cardigan would be finished this weekend but not yet. 

I’m a few rows from adding the buttonholes. I’ve been having a hard time getting a picture that properly shows the main colour. This is close. A total departure from anything I own but the colour called to me.

No comments: