Monday, October 18, 2021

Frank

Meet The Frank Shawl - a new pattern from Joji.

A very easy and stunning shawl, inspired by the work of artist Frank Stella, this design is a study in geometry.  

Triangular pieces are assembled together to create a spectacular wrap with a unique shape that is both beautiful and stunning to wear, with many tips, all in different shades. 
I played with a gradient of grays, and my favorite color, gold, to give this shawl a vintage vibe.
 

The Frank Shawl is constructed as 3 triangular sections, joined together when working the last one of them. 

The shape of this shawl is very intriguing. I purchased the pattern and can’t wait to try it. Wait, I have a few projects ahead of me. This might be a good project for Lynda. 

Joji says that the pattern is for a beginner knitter. I have read through the instructions and you need to know

  • Knit
  • Slip one
  • Make 1 right
  • Make 1 left
  • Yarn over
  • SSK
  • K2tog 

Photos © Joji Locatelli








Joji used 4 colours of Madelinetosh Merino Light. I had fun playing with colours this morning. Kits are available online and in the store.


The pattern is available on Joji’s website.

As I’m writing I’m flipping between baseball, football and hockey. Beth and Jackson are out for a walk - I hope they hurry. 

I’m on Section 4 of Clue #1 on my MKAL. It’s time to knit.

No comments: