Monday, October 30, 2023

Same but Different

Casapinka has a beautiful new shawl pattern.




Casapinka used Hedgehog Merino DK for her sample. We don’t have a lot of solids but here are a few suggestions of other yarns that will give you the tension.

-Tosh DK

-Cascade 220 Superwash Merino will give you a soft drapey shawl

-Biches & Buches Le Lambswool will give you a crisp shawl. You might want to go up to a 5mm needle for a bit more drape.

I was here early packing boxes. Too early because my boxes are packed and there is no sign of Mr. UPS. While I’m waiting I put together some combinations for Same But Different. We used one ball of Rowan Felted Tweed (177) with one skein of Dream State (Neveruary). 

You can purchase the pattern for Same But Different on Ravelry.


The rain stopped long enough for me to go outside and get pictures. Kits are available online. There are 58 colours of Felted Tweed and 39 colours of Dream State. I could be putting together combinations from now until Christmas but that isn’t an option. If you are interested in a different colourway please let me know the Dream State you like and I will match it with Felted Tweed for you.
Dad and Beth are ready for tomorrow night. Dad wanted to light the candles to make sure everything looked good. Dad bought a weird shaped pumpkin that Beth put eyes on. He is on the right above - I’ll try and get a picture in the light tomorrow. He looks like some sort of muppet character.
Mr. UPS did arrive and the boxes went out. There are going to be lots of happy fibre folks tomorrow or Wednesday when the big brown truck pulls up.

No comments: