Friday, October 20, 2023

Rowan

My visit with Trisha went great. It was her first time visiting the store and she was impressed by all the samples. She also commented that all my mannequins have clothes under the knit samples. It is very important to me that the mannequins are dressed and it was nice to have it noticed. I moved everything around on the front table to show off Rowan Kidsilk Haze.
I did a little display in front of the Rowan Felted Tweed.

The Calypso Sweater (pattern purchased on Ravelry) is in front. The body is knit with Rowan Felted Tweed (colour 219) and the colourwork is Dyed in the Wool (Water Witch). Here is a chart showing the amount of yarn you need for the sweater.


Someone on Instagram posted their Calypso using 154 Ginger and Dream World. The sweater is stunning.

These are both 216 with Ghost Ranch.
Due to our “dyed in the wool” process, each skein we produce is unique, even within a dyelot.


218 with Purse First
211 with Wild Horses

If you don’t want to use Dyed in the Wool for the colourwork you can use Starke 6 or Rowan Felted Tweed Colour.

The cabled sweater is called Karla (pattern purchased on Ravelry).

My day did not start out well. I arrived at the store early ready to work and spilled a tea down the front of me. I was soaked. I had to go home and change and made it back just before it was time to open. The day got better 🙂

Dad and Fred had dinner with us and now they are on their way home. The kettle is boiling and it’s time to relax. I made it to the halfway point of Clue 2 last night and hope to finish tomorrow. Then on Sunday I should be starting Clue 3.

No comments: