Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Flowers


Here is another Alpine Bloom Tee. Sally is in Witness Protection 😀 and asked that I only show the back. She used Practically Perfect Sock Tealicious with a discontinued Dyed in the Wool colour. This is the first sweater that she has made for herself and she did a great job. Thanks for sharing Sally 😜

Canpar Nick brought in two huge boxes this afternoon. There are new colours of Cascade Eco as well as a restock of Lang Jawoll.


Meet Magnolia Chunky. Sarah used two skeins of Cascade Eco +. Sarah knit the sweater a few years ago but I thought of it as I was unpacking the boxes.

From Sarah
I wanted the bottom of the arm to look more puffed when it was hanging so I ended up using a regular 1x1 rib with 6mm needless and decreased an extra 2 stitches. This way the rib is more snug on my wrist which forces the fabric to hang. 
Only a skein and a half. 8 mm needless. The medium size.
What a great looking sweater!


Spincycle has a bit of a different ordering system than other companies. They open up orders for a week and we place our orders. Then they know how much to dye of each colour and dye the yarn in big batches. If they dyed Melancholia for me and then were going to dye Deep Bump for someone else they need to do a lot of cleaning of the machines. It’s easier to dye Melanchia for everyone and then clean the machines. Orders opened today and I was going through our stock. I was missing a whole bunch of Plump on the website. It’s there now. 

There is a new hat pattern on Ravelry using Plump that I’m going to knit when I get caught up on my Geogradient MKAL.

Jackson and Boscoe love to lay on the couches. 

Speaking of the MKAL, my shawl is growing. I didn’t get a lot of knitting done last night because we were watching The Amazing Race. You need to put the needles down and pay attention to the show.


Now it’s time for Survivor, baseball, tea and knitting.

No comments: