Sunday, October 01, 2023

New Sample

Deidre stopped by yesterday with Seashore Fade. The shawl is beautiful!!

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

The „SEASHORE FADE Shawl“ is a huge shawl, that mimics the seashore with its wave pattern and its colours. You start with a few stitches only and increase on the left edge. You knit with two threads of laceweight silk mohair held together – this way you can play with colours and make them fade – from beach to the deep blue sea. 
You will need a total of ten 25gr skeins with 210 m/229 yards each. 
I used these colours and amounts of Malabrigo Mohair:

  • One skein colourway „Whole Grain“ (beige, varigated)
  • Two skeins colourway „Oasis“ (light green, varigated)
  • Three skeins colourway „Indicieta“ (teal, varigated)
  • Four skeins colourway „Under the sea“ (blue, varigated)

Kits are available on the website.

My trip was uneventful and I’m in sunny Vegas. My hotel room looks out at the airport. I’m sitting, knitting and watching planes.

My knitting is coming along and I’ll have pictures tomorrow. If I can more rows knit then you will see more of the colours in my skein of Ghost Ranch.

A lot of time was spent on the boat the last few days. The weather up north was beautiful and everyone enjoyed lots of fishing time. They aren’t going to be happy packing up and heading home tomorrow.

No comments: