Thursday, June 15, 2023

Made it to Lime

I didn’t finish my shawl but I knit more than I normally do while I’m away.
I just started to fade in the lime. There are 48 rows of fading and then the lace in lime.
All orders placed while I was away were shipped out today. We received lots of boxes as well - they are all sitting waiting to be unpacked. Sirdar Snuggly DK and Cotton DK, Addi Turbo needles and a big box from Blue Sky Fibers.
We received a few colours of Crazy Zauberball today including the colour we used for Butterfly. Kits are available online.



I made it home safely last night but I was tired. 
I didn’t get tickets to the game on Tuesday night. I kept checking online right up until game time but I couldn’t pull the trigger on a $1500 ticket. I would have loved to have seen the trophy presentation in person but my wallet is okay with me seeing it on TV.

This was the arena at 3pm. It was already crowded. If you watched on TV you will have seen how crazy it was. I watched at a bar in my hotel. It was nicely air conditioned. I had a chair and I could see the TV. I made many new friends who fed me pizza and water. They tried to give me shots and beer but I passed on those. Everyone was friendly and everyone was wearing a Vegas jersey. I’m glad I brought mine. 

Four young people (early 20s which is young compared to me 😀) walked by and asked about my purple jersey. I explained that is was for Hockey Fights Cancer. One of the woman gave me a big hug thinking that I had cancer. I had to clarify that I bought the jersey because it is purple. Everyone was spreading love that night.

After the game (and trophy presentation) I went to my room for an hour. Then I set out for the arena. I wanted to get Beth a Stanley Cup hat. The plaza was empty and was it ever a mess. The only people there were buying merchandise. Beth got a hat (that she’s wearing today) and a tshirt. 

One more hockey story. I was talking to Beth while I was in the airport at my gate when I spotted people I knew. Okay, don’t know but have seen on TV. Ron MacLean, Craig Simpson and David Amber. I was able to fly business class (I collect a lot of miles) and was seated in the front row when they boarded. I was in my hockey jersey and Ron stopped to congratulate me on my team winning. We had a short conversation before he headed to his seat. About an hour before landing the man beside me asked me if I had a family member who played for Vegas. I said no and asked why. He wondered because Ron stopped and talked to me like he knew me. I think that is Ron MacLean. He will have a conversation with everyone.

It’s pizza Thursday so I need to start chopping vegetables. It is going to be an early night tonight.

No comments: