Saturday, June 17, 2023

Alpine Bloom Tee

Joji has another new pattern. She is one busy lady.

You can purchase the pattern for Roam (if you want to) on Ravelry.

These socks are for the restless souls who long for the open road and the thrill of the unknown. The ones who follow their heart and let the winding paths lead them to unexpected destinations. They are a reminder that life is a journey, not a destination, and that every step taken is a new adventure waiting to unfold. Knitted with intricate cables and a spirit of wanderlust, these socks invite you to roam if you want to, and to let your feet guide you to your next destination.



Joji used Tosh Twist Light.

Here are all the sock yarns that we carry.

Don’t forget that we are closed for a few days this week. Any orders placed before 4pm on Monday will be shipped before I go. If you have a yarn/needle emergency please email me and I will try and arrange to meet you on Monday or Tuesday for pick up.

I’m excited to see the new products for fall. I’ve had a few sneak peeks but I can’t talk about them until later in the week. 

Now I need to figure out what I am taking on my trip to knit. My shawl is almost finished so that’s out. Caitlin Hunter has a new pattern coming this week that I will be knitting - I’m obsessed with the sweater. I don’t think the pattern will be out before I leave so I need something small to knit fast.  

The sweater is called the Alpine Bloom Tee. I can’t share photos but here is a link to Instagram - knitters have been posting their progress on the sweater. The body is fingering weight and the colourwork is Dyed in the Wool. Here is another group of pictures on Instagram. 

I took pictures yesterday afternoon of combinations. I will be putting kits online but I don’t know if the pattern will be released before I go. Until I get the kits up you can order the yarn individually. Here are some colour suggestions.
These are all Practically Perfect Sock with Dyed in the Wool. Cactus Flower with Love Spell.
Grape to Meet You with Ranunculus
Set Sail with Wallflower
Denim with Sex on the Beach
Twilight with Love Spell

How much yarn will you need? I am totally guessing until the pattern comes out.

I think you will need 2 skeins of Dyed in the Wool. If you are doing a larger size then I am guessing 3 skeins.

For the main colour I looked at Newleaf. My yardages below are based on that pattern. The sizing for the Alpine Bloom Tee will probably be different. The first number is the finished bust size for Newleaf and the second number is the yardage (in yards). This is just to give you an estimate for the main colour.

35.75” - 800 yards

37” - 850

40.75” - 900

42.5” - 950

45” - 1000

48.75” - 1050

53” - 1100

56” - 1150

59” - 1200

Biches & Buches Le Petit Lambswool is another option for the main colour. I put Dark Blue Black with Miss Me.

If you want some more colour suggestions take a look at our Newleaf kits.

Before I left the store today I did a few more combinations.

Dusk til Dawn and Cold Comfort
After Dark and Cold Comfort
Himalayan Salt and Rosy Maple

I didn’t get to SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock or Hedgehog Sock. 

Now it’s time to relax. We’re going to have a crazy week here. Beth is at a wedding tonight and then she flies to Vegas tomorrow. She is going for a conference. She gets home early Thursday morning. I leave early Wednesday morning for Chicago. Dad and I have lists about who is looking after the dogs each day while Beth is away. I hope we have it straight and don’t leave the dogs stranded at the office.

No comments: