Thursday, June 22, 2023

Good Morning from Chicago

Caitlin Hunter’s new sweater came out this morning. Yes, I will be knitting this. We are going to do a knit-a-long (with prizes). We will ask that the yarn be purchased from The Needle Emporium to qualify for prizes. More details on the weekend when I get home. 

Alpine Bloom is a light summer tee knit from the top down featuring a sweet lace neckline and sleeves and a Scandinavian-inspired floral colorwork yoke. Short rows are worked at the back neck for an improved fit. The sleeves are knitted separately and grafted on. Instructions are given for lengthening the body as desired and for simple ribbed sleeve cuffs if you’d prefer not to graft the sleeves on.






I did a quick walk through of the show yesterday. Here are some pictures. The new Della Q Maker’s Mesh Totes which should be in the store in a few weeks.
New products coming from Della Q in October.

There will be an addition to the Ewenicorn family. A click set and FlexiFlips.


This year there is fabric at the show.
Unfortunately Kaffe wasn’t in the booth. Take a look at the bags. They are made with Kaffe Fassett fabric but any fabric will work. Quilters are like knitters - they have stash.




I didn’t get to the show until late yesterday afternoon. My original flight was for 10am. Three weeks ago they changed it to 8am. At 1am yesterday I received a text that my flight was cancelled. They put me on the 2pm flight. I was up until about 2am receiving emails and texts. Then I was up at 6am to wake dad - he had to get on the road and doesn’t have an alarm clock. I started looking and was able to get on the 12:30 flight. That meant no more sleep. The traffic was crazy but I made it on time and made the flight. By 9pm I was so tired I couldn’t think about writing. 

I was up early and have had a great breakfast. The show doesn’t open until 10am so I’m back in the room but now it’s time to get going. I will have more pictures tonight.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

That first sweater is gorgeous! I just love the blend of soft colors.