Saturday, March 12, 2022

Rock It Tee

When I was on Ravelry last night I stumbled across Tanis’ Rock It Tee. This is such a great project. Lynn has knit it twice, Sarah has knit it three times (if not more) and I have one on the the needles.

I used to think that summer knits weren’t for me, boy was I wrong! There is nothing more comfortable than an easy breezy knit top. Over the past few years I’ve been working steadily towards building up my summer knits wardrobe. I’ve got a few summer knits in my closet now but what I realize was missing is a staple, go-to, v-neck tee. I’ve chosen to create tone on tone stripes by alternating between fingering and mohair yarn in my favourite shade of blue, but this basic shape lends itself to infinite possibilities when it comes to stripes and colour blocking. 

Knit top down, flat until the neck shaping is complete and in the round after that.

You can purchase the pattern on Tanis’ website

The pattern is size inclusive - there are 11 sizes available.

I put together a few combinations mixing Tosh Merino Light with new colours of Rowan Kidsilk Haze Colour.

Penumbra and 005
Star Scatter Solid and 006
Moonglow and 002




The sweater would also look great with new colours from Hedgehog. I put Skinny Singles on the left, Kidsilk Lace in the middle and Sock on the right.
Maelstrom
Puffball
This is Sarah’s Rock It Tee.
LOVE how this turned out! Light weight and luxurious! So happy with the colour combo. Sometimes simple is best. I did the 4th size and added long sleeves. I picked up the sleeves as directed then knit 2 stripes (16 rows) before decreasing 2 stitches every 8 rows until desired sleeve length. 




You can also knit the sweater without the mohair. You can use one colour of fingering for the whole sweater or stripe it with two colours of fingering. A few knitters used four colours and knit a fade. There are over 1900 projects on Ravelry.

Our house is quiet right now. Dad and Lucy drove to Myrtle Beach yesterday. Jackson has been lying in Lucy’s spot. Boscoe and Jackson will be so excited when they come home in a few weeks.

No comments: