Thursday, March 03, 2022

Happy Hedgehog Day Part 2

Joji has a new pattern called the Tii Pullover. You can purchase the pattern on Joji’s website.

I’ve always been intrigued by sweater construction. I like to explore, to have fun, creating garments in different ways, not necessarily making things more complicated. 

Tii is quite a simple sweater pattern. It is beginner friendly, but it has a fun twist in the end, when you put all the pieces together. It is made in two halves (right and left) and the final touch is an i-cord that weaves both halves together.  

I called it in honor of my friend Tiina, who always supports and loves me… and who’s also taught me so many things (like knitting continental style!) ❤️ I love you, dear friend. 

Tiina also gifted me her yarn to work with. I’ve used just one color (my favorite, gray), but you may use different colors for each half, or a different color for the cord… You could even knit different cords to change the look of the sweater. 

This is my first experiment using i-cords as ties in a sweater design and I can’t wait to explore this idea in depth.

📷 © Joji Locatelli

Joji suggests a yarn that is called a DK but Joji is knitting the sweater to a much looser tension. I might suggest Cascade 220, Cascade 220 Heathers, Lopi Light, Tosh Vintage or a worsted weight yarn. This is just my opinion but I think if you knit the sweater in a DK weight yarn you will find it very flimsy and Joji’s sweater doesn’t look flimsy.

We have a new needle set from Mindful. These are 10” circular fixed needles that are great for knitting sleeves and socks.

Offered with 8 popular sizes in 10" circulars are perfect for socks and other small projects. More fun for all those who like using fixed circulars, the Explore set is offered in a smart round case that can be folded to the quarter of the open case size. 

The artistically designed case shows off the needles through translucent fabric with the needles appearing like a flower in bloom. The collection of accessories includes useful tools such as darning needles, 50 stitch markers, gauge and a pair of foldable scissors.


AVAILABLE SIZE RANGE:

US: 0, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4 & 6
MM: 2.00, 2.25, 2.50, 2.75, 3.00, 3.25, 3.50 & 4.00
 

ACCESSORIES 
1 Needle Gauge
2 Darning Needles
10 Locking Stitch Markers
10 Split Stitch Markers
30 Round Stitch Markers
Pair of Scissors
 

PACKAGING 
Fabric case with floral motif
 

When I was adding to the website I missed the four brand new colours of Kidsilk Haze. They are now available

The new colours of Hedgehog Kidsilk Lace are online as well.



I showed Alexandra’s airplane scarf the other day. The scarf shown here was knit with Kidsilk Haze. You can also use the Hedgehog Kidsilk Lace.

You can purchase the pattern on Churchmouse’s website. We do have a few printed copies in the store.

We received the second box from Hedgehog this morning. We unpacked it and put the yarn away before I took pictures. 😂 The colours are amazing. All the colours are available online. Alpaca Boucle, Kidsilk Lace, Sock, Skinny Singles and Twist Sock.

I did a bit of knitting on my vest last night. I should be at the armhole shaping tonight. It won’t be ready for Saturday but definitely for Wednesday.

No comments: