Sunday, March 13, 2022

Knitting Sunday

I pulled out an old friend to finish it. There aren’t many days left to wear it this winter. This is my Spark/Spice cardigan. Today was the day to cut.

The pattern asks you to cut the front and then pick up the front band. I thought it would be better to pick up the band before cutting. It was awkward but I’m glad that I did it that way. 

I followed Tin Can Knits tutorial for a crochet reinforcement. Here is the front after the crochet was finished. If you read to the end of their tutorial they have added that you should pick up the band before cutting. I already had this in my head before going to their site - I’m glad that someone else thought this was a good idea.

The start of the cutting.

After the front was cut. I have some ends to sew in and I need to graft under the armholes. That will be tomorrow’s job. I have steeked a few cardigans so I wasn’t afraid but I was happy to be finished. The crochet reinforcement pulls the middle stitch tight so I had to really watch where I was cutting. I had a very small pair of scissors and had to cut a few stitches at a time.
I pulled out my Temperature Blanket to get caught up. I still have a few days to go.

Golf is on and I’m going to knit a few more rows. Should I catch up I will pull out my Shift. I want knitting where I don’t have to think tonight.

No comments: