Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Color Affection

I made the executive decision to work at home on Tuesdays. I have been in the store 6 days a week for 2 years straight and need to have a bit of away time. Absence makes the heart grow fonder 😘. This morning I worked on accounting. I’m going to write an early blog post and then knit a few rows. The vest won’t be ready to wear tomorrow. This is why I can’t test knit - I would never make the deadline.

I went to the way back machine for these pictures. Sorry - they aren’t the best but I wanted to highlight a pattern that is still extremely popular on Ravelry.
This is Color Affection. There are almost 17,000 projects on Ravelry. The pattern is purchased on Ravelry. We used 3 skeins of tosh merino light for our shawl. Flashdance, Jade and a teal that is no longer available. There are many colours in stock that will make a beautiful shawl. We will have more colours at the beginning of April - a restock plus colours that aren’t on the website.

More garter stitch and stripes to love. Choose your favourite colours, yarn weight and cast on for this shawl that will warm your shoulders - and a bit more.

These colours are all discontinued but it shows the pattern.

Now I wish I lived closer to the store. I have combinations dancing in my head. Lynda just finished a project and maybe we should have her knit a new Color Affection for us.

Grasshopper, Geranium and Medieval
Saffron, Undergrowth and Whiskey Barrel
Thyme, Moonglow and Star Scatter Solid
Farmhouse White, Celadon and Copper Pink Solid
Hosta Blue, Grasshopper and Pop Rocks
Dustweaver, Elizabeth Taylor and Eleven Dark

This is the best I could do this afternoon but I think you can see that there are many, many possibilities. 

It’s now 4pm and I still haven’t knit. While I was sitting typing I could see dust in the kitchen and dog hair everywhere. I vacuumed and wiped down counters. Then I went grocery shopping. I think it might be in my best interest to go to work next Tuesday. There won’t be as many distractions.

No comments: