Friday, March 18, 2022

Pouches

The weather has been beautiful the past few days. If you’re thinking about a spring/summer sweater why not take a look at Isabell Kraemer’s Yume? The pattern is purchased on Ravelry.

Isabell calls for two strands of lace weight but by her tension you can use a sport/light dk. 

Knitters on Ravelry have used BC Garn Lino.
Noro Kumo is another option.
📷 © Isabell Kraemer
yume is worked seamlessly from the top down. First some short-rows are worked back and forth to create a higher back neck and then the round- yoke is worked top down to sleeve separation. Some last short-rows are worked to finish the yoke shaping right before sleeve stitches are placed on hold, then the body is worked in rounds down to the hem. Sleeves are worked top down to the cuffs last. 
Neck is left unfinished, but feel free to pick up stitches around the neck and work a few rounds in 1x1 Twisted Rib if desired.
These are new Stitch Marker Pouches (stitch markers not included) from Lantern Moon.

These silk blend draw-string pouches are ideal for holding stitch markers or other tiny items.

Size 4.5" x 3.75"

There were a few visitors yesterday and today.

Canada Post brought a box of Addi needles and Crazy Zauberball. 

Mr. UPS brought a box from Biches & Buches. Le Petit Lambswool and Le Petit Silk & Mohair.

Mr. Canpar (twice) brought boxes of Lantern Moon. More needle sets. 

Yesterday on the Camp blog I talked about meals. All meals are included in your Camp fee. Trust me, you won’t lose weight at Camp. Friday - dinner then snack. Saturday - breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and then snack. Sunday - breakfast, snack and lunch.
I need to work on my Temperature blanket - I’m a few days behind. I make a list of colours for the days I need to work. I threw the last sheet out when I finished it and wasn’t sure which day I ended on. (Public Service Announcement - makes notes about what day you finish on - same as any knitting pattern - mark where you left off so you aren’t confused when you pick up your work a few days/weeks/months later.) I made a new sheet from the beginning of the month which caused a big panic. I read the temperatures wrong which led me to writing out the wrong colours. I thought that I had knit the wrong colours a few days ago but it’s all good and I can keep going. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have ripped out because no one is going to know what colours should go where.


It’s time to put down my knitting and sew in ends on Spark. I think I’m going to wear it tomorrow.

No comments: