Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Pressed Flowers

Amy Christoffers is the designer and you can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. I was in love the minute I saw this shawl.

She knit her shawl in DK weight yarn on 4mm needles.

Our store sample is knit in Malabrigo Rios. Rios is a worsted weight yarn so you can go up to a 4.5mm needle if you’d like. I would suggest a swatch to see how you like the yarn when it’s knit.



While I was waiting for UPS I put together a few combinations. These kits are available online and I will look at more combinations tomorrow.
Gris and Magenta (our sample colour). You need 3 skeins of each colour for the shawl.
Yerba and Sabiduria
Nimbus Grey and English Rose

This is the version that I knit with Roan and Dream State. I thoroughly enjoyed knitting this pattern and would recommend it to everyone. There are more combinations available online.



As I was running out the door I put together a combination in Tosh DK.
Oak and Heuchera. What an amazing combination.

Many knitters on Ravelry have used Felted Tweed. I am going to look at Felted Tweed for the background and Felted Tweed Colour for the flowers. Lynda is going to need a new project - that could be it.

We received a very small Lykke order today. Blush needles in the Fuchsia Denim case.
Double Pointed needles in the smaller sizes.





No comments: