Sunday, January 16, 2022

Nightshift

Today I worked on a Nightshift that I started some time ago. It was football day and I needed an easy project. This Nightshift has three colours of Noro Ito (18, 30 and 31). I originally thought that I was going to knit until all three balls were finished but I really like the size of my two ball shawl. This one will be just slightly larger than my others (four in Ito so far) with some leftover yarn.


The pictures would have been better if I had used a Barber Cord and been able to stretch the stitches out. Unfortunately I don’t have a Barber Cord. I will take one when our next shipment arrives - hopefully by the middle of February.
I might use my leftover Ito to make the worsted version of Andrea Mowry’s Flicker & Flame (pattern purchased on her website).

I put together another combination for the Temperature Blanket that I am calling Kaffe - for Kaffe Fassett. 14 of the 16 colours are from colours that he curated. It was hard to leave these in the store. I thought about having two blankets on the go.

I will be working from home tomorrow. It looks like we’re going to wake up to a lot of snow. I love our house but living in the townhouse was great on snow days. The snow clearing crews would show up and our driveway and sidewalks were clean.

No comments: