Friday, January 28, 2022

Happy Friday

We received a beautiful box of Shawl Pins from JUL this morning. All the shawl pins and shawl sticks are online.

We also received two boxes from Freia Fibres. 
Lynn starting moving the Yarn Bombs and Shawl Balls to make it easier to see the colours. When I left the Yarn Bombs were up. I can’t wait to see the Shawl Balls up in the morning. Next week we will be rearranging Minikins in the front room so that they hang as well.
Harvest and Metropolis grabbed me when I opened the box. The first thing I thought of was Romi’s Leaves in a Stream. Kits are available online. 

You can purchase the pattern on Romi’s website.
This is our store sample that has been thrown over a sweater in the front room. The colours are Pt. Reyes and Autumn Rose.
This is Romi’s original shawl knit in Cloud and Coral Reef.


I wanted to show a project made with Minikins and Lynn suggested the Harlow Hat. Alex knit the hat for the store and did an awesome job. The colours turned out amazing. The stitch pattern is Brioche which makes the hat totally reversible.


Pattern: Harlow Hat - you can purchase the pattern on Andrea’s website.
Yarn: 2 Freia Minikins - 1 Dirty Hippie and 1 Squid Ink

Alex knit the medium and made one change. She did the length one inch SHORTER before starting the decreases for the top. If you knit the full length you will run out of yarn.

From Andrea
When I cast on this hat, my intention was to design my ideal, go-to hat pattern. A perfect jumping off point for beginner briochers to try on their newly acquired skills - this hat is great for any gender or age, and the color possibilities are infinite! We all need a dependable hat pattern right?? This is the pattern I know I can depend on for stash busting, wardrobe enhancing, or a quick gift for someone I love!

Stay warm. It’s so cold the dogs don’t want to go outside.

No comments: