Monday, March 25, 2024

Temperature Blanket

Denise sent an email today with her 2024 Temperature Blanket so far. I am so jealous. The colours are coming out amazing. I really want to make a 2024 version because our weather has been all over the place.

Thank you Denise for sharing.
I'm sending you a photo of my 2024 temperature blanket through to almost the end of March.  Please feel free to use it if it will help to make an easy future blog post.

With the very unusual winter we had in midwestern Ontario, the purples started to make an appearance earlier than I had anticipated they would, and the swings back and forth in temperature have made for a very pretty mix of colours.  I'm looking forward to watching the purples become more pinkish as we move through the coming months.

This version of the temperature blanket has been just as engrossing as my first one was.  Who would think that garter stitch could be so interesting?!

Thanks again for a great kit!

Denise is using Rowan Felted Tweed for her blanket. I put together some combinations or you can choose your own colours. 

I was looking for something last night and found an Alpine Bloom hat that I was knitting for the store.

I’m using Madelinetosh Woolcycle in Aura and a Freia Minikin in Wildflower. One Minikin will make any size hat.
Tonight was Lemon Loaf evening. Here is the link to the recipe we use. They claim that the Lemon Loaf is better than Starbucks and it is. Very yummy!!!!

I packed boxes from 8:30 this morning until 1:30. We had a new UPS driver and he was shocked by the number of boxes that we were shipping out. Now it’s time to knit. I finished the colourwork on Calypso Worsted last night. I have a few rows of the body colour to do before separating. 

1 comment:

Kim said...

I've baked a similar recipe...try adding in a bit of fresh thyme for great flavour boost. You've made me hungry....