Friday, March 01, 2024

Elegant Simplicity

Joji Locatelli has a new pattern called Evanescence (pattern purchased on Ravelry).

Dive into a world of delicate transitions and ethereal warmth with my latest knitting pattern, designed to create an airy, long cardigan that embodies both comfort and elegance. This pattern guides you through knitting a piece that’s as light as a feather yet incredibly warm, combining subtle color gradients with intricate textures. 

Elegant Simplicity Meets Delicate Warmth
Knitted from the top down, this cardigan utilizes two strands of lace-weight mohair/silk blend, artfully blending colors from one to the next. Its simple construction features short row shaping for the shoulders, drop sleeves, and a subtle V-shaped neckline, making it an accessible project for advanced beginners, and a fun and relaxing knit for the experienced ones.
 

A Harmony of Texture and Color
The cardigan’s body is adorned with a delicate lace pattern, providing a sophisticated touch that contrasts beautifully with the simplicity of the stockinette stitch sleeves. The use of mohair skeins creates a piece that is as warm as it is light, offering an unparalleled wearing experience.

There are 6 colours of Mohair/Kidsilk in the coat and you are holding two strands together when knitting. I am sure that we could come up with some great colourways using Rowan Kidsilk Haze. I will play with that when I get home next week.










The March Crazy Beautiful Color from Emma’s is in the store and online. 
This is Spincycle Dream State in the colour Valley Girl for my Traveler Cowl. The yarn takes up less room if you pack the skeins but I’m checking a bag so I wound them all. I cast on last night so I’m into the pattern before getting on the plane.

I hope everyone was able to enjoy the beautiful weather this afternoon. What a great day!!

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

The long sweater is just gorgeous and looks so comfortable!