Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Melt

Andrea Mowry has a new shawl pattern called Melt (you can purchase it on Ravelry).

My favorite ingredients for shawl knitting are color and texture! Melt combines garter stitch with playful stripes, two color brioche and even lace to keep you knitting “just one more row” all the way to the bind off. This shawl is knit sideways and the entirety of the shawl is encased in a polished I-cord edge.

This is a note that Andrea has on the pattern

The shawl grows significantly after blocking, going from approximately 52 (68)”/132 (173) cm wingspan (the longest edge) to 71 (86)”/180.5 (218) cm. Please note that how aggressively you block the shawl and the composition of the yarn you use can affect the the final dimensions.

Photos © Andrea Mowry



The shawl is knit in DK weight yarn. Tosh DK would be a great option. I think that Tosh Wool + Cotton would make a stunning shawl. 

Kathy stopped by today with lots of projects to show off. This is her Trinigan knit with Spincycle Trine and Dream State. The cardigan fits her perfectly. I really need to get mine finished.

While Kathy was shopping Lynn and I took pictures of a few of Kathy’s shawls. 
This is Twists & Turns - the Stephen West MKAL from 2022 (pattern purchased on Ravelry) 



This is Secret Forest. When the pattern first came out it was a MKAL. No one knew what the finished shawl would look like. The shawl is beautiful.


I want to thank Kathy for sharing. Her work is beautiful.
I moved some stitches of my Calypso Worsted onto a second needle so I could put it on a mannequin. I like how the colours are working together. Now it’s time to get back to it.

No comments: