Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Under the Canopy

I’m Andrea Rangel (she/her), a knitting pattern designer living in Victoria, BC. This website is where you can find my indie pattern shopbooks  blogyarn reviews, and a bunch of tutorials. Aside from knitting, I'm also super into sewing, getting outside, and photography. I love to share my homemade wardrobe and nature photos.

It gets dark quicker under the forest canopy. These florals and ferns are a celebration of those shadowy corners where you might spot a bright bit of colour as the sun goes down. This meditative colourwork cowl is worked in the round and grafted at the end. Pair a jewel tone with a moody heathered wool for a nighttime vibe, or switch to a soft neutral with brighter shades to think of sunrise in the woods. Then toss it on with every outfit to keep you warm whatever the light.

You can purchase the pattern for Under the Canopy on Ravelry.

The cowl is knit with a DK or light worsted with a yarn that changes colours. Andrea used Dream State. Noro Kureyon will work. If you use a lighter weight yarn for the main colour you can use Edition 3 for the  contrast.

I emailed Andrea this afternoon asking for permission to use her pictures and she emailed me back right away. The pattern is in my Ravelry library and I will be making the cowl.







Pamela came in today wearing her Bookish Cardi (pattern purchased on Ravelry). It is stunning! Pamela used 4 skeins of Arranmore Light. She loves the cardigan so much that she purchased Patagonia to make it again.


Lucy is doing good. It’s a big cone! She can’t eat or drink with it on. I went to dad’s last night to see her.

Dad and Lucy came for dinner tonight. She hasn’t lost her appetite.

No comments: