Thursday, March 16, 2023

Metamorphic

Sarah has a new sweater. This Andrea Mowry’s Metamorphic (pattern purchased on Ravelry). Sarah used Close Call Dyed in the Wool with Time & Tide Versus. The sweater is gorgeous - I really want to make it!



Sarah sent the pictures and later in the day I received a surprise visit. Sarah and Cathy came down for yarn.


Sarah is going to knit Spice for her husband John using Cascade 220 Heathers and Noro Ito. John’s last sweater took over 10 years. I hope Sarah knits this one quicker 😩

Here is Stephen West’s newest pattern.

Choose four colors and fade them with simple stripes to knit this garter stitch shawl. The expansive shape drapes generously over the shoulders and doesn’t fall off thanks to the angular eyelet increases. I-cord edges frame the wingspan edge and border of the shawl. This pattern is beginner friendly and includes a cast on tutorial video, showing you how to cast on this beautiful design.

The pattern for the Eyelet Burst Shawl is available on Ravelry. 

Photos © Stephen West





I was looking for something this afternoon and came across these 3 skeins of Dyed in the Wool. They are all Ranunculus - the same colour that I used for my shift. The kit is online (#109) and I think that will make a beautiful Shift. The skeins are very different.
It’s time to start making dinner. I’m really early tonight which means more knitting later.

No comments: