Sunday, March 05, 2023

So Close

I’m so close to finishing Grevillia. I knew when I started the shawl that there was a chance of running out of the last colour. I made it a quarter of the way through the cast off and ran out. I have more in the store and will grab a mini skein tomorrow. The pattern asks for 5 rows of garter and then cast off. If I had done 3 rows and then cast off I would have been fine. 
I took pictures facing away from the house and then facing the house.


This afternoon I am going to finish my Ito Nightshift. I’m very close on it. Then I’m going back to Trinigan. I would skeins this morning and it’s time to get it done.

Sarah has a new sweater. This is Skylights by Tanis Lavellee knit in Rowan Tweed Haze. Sarah knit the first size on 8mm needles. Sarah purchased 6 balls and had one left over.

From now until next Sunday (March 12th) at 8pm we are offering Tweed Haze for 25% off. Enter the code Sarah at check out. Please note that the yarn will show up at the regular price when you place it in your cart. After you accept our terms and continue to the checkout you can enter the code (Sarah) and the discount will appear. 

You will want to make sure to enter the discount code before completing your purchase, as it cannot be added retroactively

See all the colours of Tweed Haze

Can a sweater be light and drapey while at the same time being cozy and chunky? I think this sweater design proves that the answer to that question is a resounding YES! I really went for it with the design details, combining lace, cables, nupps, a wide neckline, an oversized fit and of course those statement puff sleeves! Knit at a loose gauge to create flattering drape, this sweater practically knits itself. You’ll be wearing your new favourite sweater before you know it!

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry







We have Skylights hanging in the store. Diana knit the smallest size on a 6mm needle. We wanted a sweater that was a bit smaller and more fitted. 

This is Sarah’s second Skylights. Here is her first one.

Sarah used Noro Akari with Le Petit Silk & Mohair.

Akari col. 5 (2 balls) and le petit silk mohair colour grey beige (4 balls)

I knit the body and part of an arm in one ball of Akari and ended the neck with about 5 meters of the third ball of mohair left. I have a 4th ball that I didn’t start. I knit the sleeves slightly longer so I’d get 4 balls of mohair if you want the body longer or are worried you’ll run out. 

This is sweater was knit in a week! It is such a fun sweater if you need a break from knitting something more intricate or just need an inspirational boost! Instant gratification. Akari is beautiful yarn and so soft! 

It feels like you are wearing a cloud!

The dogs had fun in the snow yesterday. Beth was playing ball with them.


Now to the knitting chair for the afternoon!

No comments: