Tuesday, August 09, 2022

Lynn’s Done

Blue Sunset is a shawl knit with 2 Party of Five kits from Sweetgeorgia Yarns. We have lots of kits in stock and they are part of this weeks Birthday Celebration. The pattern was written by Tabetha Hedrick.

This shawl is worked from the center out, with the center body section worked in the round before working each remaining half flat. 
Because of the multiple colours used throughout the pattern, the stitch instructions will indicate LC (for Lace Colour) and GC (for Garter Colour). In the original sample, we’ve used the colours in this order: A – Sapphire, B – Basil, C – Salt Air, D – Evergreen, and E – Fern. 
The stitch patterns are both written (Stitches Used) and charted (p 3 and 5) for your preference. The pattern directions begin on p 6. 
Visit the School of SweetGeorgia for loads of workshops and tutorial resources (including lace and colour play) to help bump your skills and discover new techniques!

We don’t have the colour that the shawl is photographed in but I think it would be stunning in Tanzanite. 

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. 






Lynn finished her Elah over the weekend. I can’t wait to see it!

I don’t think the cardigan will be try tomorrow but maybe Thursday.

On Monday, August 15th, I can start showing pictures from the Fall Rowan books. There is a lot to share so I will have easy posts next week. I don’t like keeping secrets and I think you are going to like what you are going to see.

Now I’m moving to the knitting chair. The Amazing Race Canada is taping and Elah is calling.

No comments: