Sunday, August 14, 2022

Birthday Celebration

This is Rachel from Spincycle Yarns. These pictures were featured in their last newsletter.

If you haven't yet had the pleasure of scrolling through Amy Christoffers' 602 designs on Ravelry, you are about to be very impressed. No only is she a super talented knitwear designer for Berroco Yarns, but she's also the life of the party when we all get together at Rhinebeck each year! She's such a kind person and brilliant story teller.


When Rachel saw her Pressed Flowers shawl, she immediately started putting her four color fade together! It turned out beautifully, with a stained glass appearance where the stockinette flowers pop through the textured body of the shawl. Doesn't Rachel look gorgeous in it?

Rachel used Dream State Rosey Maple, Wololo, The Family Jewels and Melancholia. 

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

Photos © Spincycle Yarns


I loved knitting Pressed Flowers and would easily knit it again. 
My shawl is just one colour of Dream State - Midsommar. I used 3 skeins.

Week 3 of our Birthday Celebration started this morning. I’m not sure who came up with the bright idea that the sale should start at 8am. 😢 I was up early to make sure that the website was correct. I think I need to think things through better the next time I do this.

Tomorrow is an exciting day. I can finally talk about the fall Rowan and start showing pictures. The new magazine will be available for preorder as well.

I spent time knitting today and Elah is growing. I have 4” to go before ribbing - my cardigan is going to be longer than the pattern calls for. I don’t like short cardigans. The Great British Baking Show is taping and I’m moving to the other room to knit.
Breakfast at dad’s.

No comments: