Friday, April 08, 2022

Trio of Colours

My post is very short today because I spent the afternoon at the dentist. Two hours in the chair. My mouth is a bit sore. After receiving the shipment of Tosh Merino Light with lots of pretty colours I was looking back at some of my projects that I knit in TML. This is from 2017.
I used Tosh Merino Light to knit Ambah O’Brien’s Xanthe. Ambah’s shawls stand the test of time. You can knit it today and no one will tell you that the pattern is five years old.

Xanthe Wrap is an invitation to play. Choose a trio of colours to express your style, the varations are endless; stripe two neutrals and add a lace colour pop, or keep it neutral for a classic look. Use your wildest speckle yarn striped with a solid and co-ordinating lace colour for something as fun to knit as it is to wear. The stretches of garter stitch make this a perfect project for travel or mindless knitting while beautiful lace keeps it interesting. 
Xanthe is knit on the bias which results in a rhomboid shape; it is easy to wear and will fast become a wardrobe staple.
 

Pattern includes fully written instructions accompanied by a chart for the lace section.

You can purchase the pattern for Xanthe from Ambah on Etsy.

The colours are Cactus Flower, Prairie Fire and Medieval.


When Lucy was smaller and able to fit in the front seat.





I have a lot of suggested posts on Instragram about St. Bernards. I save them and show them to dad and Beth at dinner. Many of the dogs have the same traits as Lucy. 

No comments: