Monday, April 25, 2022

New Yarn


I was up early this morning with a long to do list.
  1. Finish the newsletter. It’s been completed, read over by Beth and it will go out as soon as my post is finished.
  2. Run to the store and ship orders. Eight boxes were packed and I dropped them off at the post office. 
  3. Be home by 11am to meet Voila. We have groceries delivered weekly. I still shop for meat and vegetables but having milk, cans, cleaning supplies, etc delivered makes grocery shopping a lot easier. 
  4. Beth had to go to a job meeting with dad so I am in charge of the dogs. Right now they are sleeping like angels. I’m not sure how long that will last.
  5. Rowan Zoom meeting at 1pm. This is to see the Fall yarns and designs.
I got this far on my post and then it was time for the Rowan Zoom. It’s finished now. I can’t show and tell yet but there are some great patterns and yarns coming for fall.

Just as I was leaving the store, Ms. Canada Post came with two boxes. The first is a brand new Opal Collection (picture at the beginning of the post). The second was Zauberball Crazy, Zauberball Starke 6 and a new yarn Edition 3


Edition 3 has been used for many projects on Ravelry. I think the most popular is Andrea Mower’s Shift Cowl. 

After Beth read the newsletter she asked me if Andrea’s Inclinations Cowl was hard. Then she asked me to bring some Crazy home so that she can knit the cowl. I can pick her colours but they need to be bright. Kits are available online.
📷 © Andrea Mowry
I was able to knit during the meeting. Attune has grown by 8 rows. I also made a batch of brownies while the meeting was going on. I can’t sit for 2 hours without doing something. 

It’s time to sign off and send out the newsletter. Then I’ll shut down my iPad - I’ve looked at a screen for long enough today.

ETA
I was finished my post and then looked at Ravelry. Take a look at a few finished Ric Rac shawls for colour inspiration.

No comments: