Wednesday, April 06, 2022

Plus Shawl

Meet the Plus Shawl - a new pattern that just came out on Ravelry.
 © Olga Buraya-Kefelian
Worked from side to side this highly textured shawl features staggered graphic motif all the way throughout. The three-dimensional effect is achieved by combining easy knits and purls together with slip-stitches for the unique technique! Engaging rhythm of knitting is enhanced by the use of solid and gradient yarns that provide a wonderful opportunity to showcase a perfect marriage between pattern and continuous evolution of colors, that make this design a fun knit and even more enjoyable to wear!
The shawl is knit in sport weight yarn. Olga used Dyed in the Wool from Spincycle with another sport weight from Spincycle. Here are a few suggestions. Patagonia with Dyed in the Wool, Felted Tweed with Felted Tweed Colour, Patagonia with Starke 6.

Here is a link to finished projects on Ravelry. They are stunning.




I forgot something in last night’s post. The new J’adore Needle Sets are on the way to us. We should see them early next week.

Don’t forget the Spring Cleaning sale started this morning. The wall of Singles are on sale for 30% off.

If you are looking for an easy, one skein pattern, take a look at Joji’s Storm Shawl.



We used one skein of LITLG Singles to make the shawl. 
It’s been a while since I last published a One Skein Wonder pattern. They’re always a favorite.  
Storm uses just one skein of precious fingering weight yarn. It features dramatic dropped stitches and short rows that give this pattern a de-constructed look while also giving you a bigger shawl with the same yardage.

You can purchase the pattern on Joji’s website. 

 

I stayed late to wait for Mr. UPS. Two large boxes of Madelinetosh arrived. I’ll work on getting these online tomorrow.
I wanted easy knitting last night so I pulled out my Temperature blanket. Halfway through the row my ball ran out. I totally forgot another ball - it’s Survivor night and I’ll need mindless knitting. I guess I’m going to work on Attune and be very careful with the Brioche.

No comments: