Monday, April 18, 2022

LYS Day

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. We had a great weekend. I didn’t do much. Not even much knitting.

I headed to the store this morning but I forgot something very important. My store keys were in my backpack and I took a different bag. I thought I was being smart and left my iPad at home. I was going to use my phone to make labels. Bad mistake. I’ll be in the store early tomorrow morning to get boxes ready for Canada Post.

LYS Day is coming soon. We are still working on what we are going to do. Whatever we choose will be available online and in the store.

Local Yarn Store Day (LYS Day) is a TNNA program designed to drive traffic to local yarn stores. LYS Day has brought thousands of 'yarnies' from across the US and Canada to go to their local shop to see the exclusive, unique products created specifically for LYS Day. Think of it as a nationwide Yarn Crawl!

We do know that there will be a free pattern from Casapinka. This is called Ric Rac and is knit in 2 skeins of fingering weight yarn on 4mm needles. If you purchase 2 skeins of fingering weight yarn on April 30 we will have a download code for you.
 

The Della Q needle cases are in Mississauga and I hope they are delivered tomorrow. I have them available online.

A little teaser. Valley Girl is a new colour of Dyed in the Wool that we should have by the end of the month - just in time for a new pattern from Andrea Mowry.

This was yesterday afternoon at dad’s. It was nice in the sun and Lucy didn’t want to come inside. I was petting her and the hair was flying. Dad brought out the brush.

What a mess. Dad brushes her weekly and there is always this much hair.

Our friend Peggy dropped off dog and people presents yesterday afternoon. Boscoe is up on the bench to see what is in the bag.

The dogs are loving today’s snow. Me, not so much. My tulips aren’t happy at all.
My plan is to knit after dinner. I need to get my mojo back!

1 comment:

Julie Ann said...

I think all the dogs were happy to see more snow. They were alone!!! April Fools!
Love that new Valley Girl. Amazing!