Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Tweed Haze

A blend of specially selected fibres including soft mohair from South Africa and super-fine Alpaca, Rowan Tweed Haze has a lightweight and airy chainette construction, and combines earthy, natural textures with a refined, romantic halo effect. Perfect for light yet warm garments and accessories with a retro vibe and soft tweedy appearance.


Needle size: 6mm (US 10) 
Care instructions: Hand wash. Dry flat. 
Blend: 40% Mohair, 39% Alpaca, 10% polyester, 8% Cotton, 3% Polyamide 
Length: 120m (131yds) per 50g ball 
Yarn tension: 14.5 sts x 20 rows in 10cm (4in)

The yarn is super soft. I pulled a ball out and couldn’t stop squeezing it. I called Lynn over to feel it as well.

The yarn and book are on the website for preorder. We can ship on Friday - or you can pick up on Friday.

Here are some garments from the book along with the yardages and sizes.

I’m very excited about the sizing from Rowan this year. They have extended the sizing to more inclusive.







I came home early today to dog sit while Beth had meetings. I thought there would be time to knit or do paperwork but puppies are a lot of work. 

Beth came home and then he decided it was time to sleep. 

Now it’s knitting time. The Jays are on and they are playing much better than last night. The shaping on my collar is finished and now I’m going back and forth. I need to finish because we have a shipment coming from Spincycle next week.
Spincycle posted this on Instagram. Absolute Zero in Dream State. Be still my heart!!

No comments: