Friday, September 03, 2021

Cardoon

Isabell Kraemer has a new pattern. 

Photo © Isabell Kraemer

cardoon is worked seamlessly from the top down. Starting with the neck shaping, short rows are worked back and forth to create a higher back neck. The yoke is then worked in the round to sleeve separation. Sleeve stitches are placed on hold to work the body top down. Sleeves are worked top down to the cuffs. Optional neck finishing is worked last.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. The sweater is knit in DK weight yarn so your options are endless. It’s nice to see designers using slightly thicker yarn. We all love to wear sweaters knit in fingering weight but sometimes we want a sweater that knits faster.

I follow a lady on Instagram named Kimberley who just finished the sweater. Take a look. Not everyone is Isabell’s size. Kimberley knit her sweater in the 5th size and it looks great. On Ravelry she says that it is too big but she wanted an oversized sweater.

Skylight is a beautiful sweater from Laine Magazine 12. The magazine will be available next Friday. We have it online for preorder.

Skylight is knitted top down seamlessly beginning with a provisional cast-on. The main fabric is worked in Stockinette Stitch. Short row shaping in the yoke occurs before and after the main cabled patterning. The cable and drop stitch pattern wraps all the way around the yoke.





Skylight is also knit in DK weight yarn.

This is Arranmore Light from The Fibre Co in the colour River Esque. We love Arranmore Light and it would work for both sweaters.

Today was the first day in forever that I haven’t been in the store. I had a migraine and slept most of the day. I’m feeling better now. I guess I really needed some sleep. 

Mr. UPS came this morning with new colours of Kureyon. I will get pictures tomorrow. Noro has swatches but it’s nice to see a picture of the actual balls.

We are trying to get everything ready for the cottage. We were supposed to go on Monday but it’s been delayed until Thursday. Dad is working at an arena in St. Catharines putting in a new floor. They thought they would be able to pour concrete this week but now it’s Wednesday. Pour day is a day my dad loves but it’s a long day. He’ll be dropping Lucy off before 6am and we won’t see him until 6 or 7pm. Beth and I started a bad tradition - we bake for pour days. All the trades have come to expect it so we can’t disappoint - we will be busy on Tuesday. Muffins. Brownies. Cookies. Banana Bread. Blondies. 

I also need to find a new project for the cottage. I love knitting Jade but trying to follow a chart at the lake isn’t ideal. I’m leaning towards Andrea Mowry’s new cardigan. Stripes will be very easy at the lake.

I can’t believe I’m saying this after sleeping all day but it’s time for bed.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Both sweaters are beautiful!