Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Finishing a project

I started this cardigan last September when we went to the cottage. 

The knitting has been finished for months and I decided today was the day to get it finished. I’m not sure why - maybe the rain and cold has me planning fall sweaters. The pattern is by Andrea Mowry. I combined her Spark and Spice cardigan patterns. The cardigan is knit in the round and then steeked (the front opening is cut). I decided to pick up the front bands and knit them before cutting. It sounded like a good idea in my head but it took a long time to pick up. I was in the store by myself today and it seemed like a good day to get to it. Sorry Lynn - I didn’t do any real work today.

Photos © Andrea Mowry
My cardigan will be like Spark (above) but with buttons like Spice (below). You can purchase the pattern/patterns on Andrea’s website.

This is the true colour of the cardigan not the top picture. For some reason the main colour doesn’t photograph well inside.
New shawl cuffs arrived today. I will get them online tomorrow. 

It is cold and rainy here. We turned the heaters on and it made being outside with the dogs bearable.

It’s an extremely busy TV night. Survivor and The Masked Singer are starting their seasons. I have all my stitches picked up and I’m knitting back and forth. Perfect TV knitting. I just need to remember that there are short rows for the collar.

1 comment:

Shari M said...

Lovely sweater. I like your colours better than the original