Tuesday, September 28, 2021

New Samples

We have a new store sample and it is amazing. Diana stopped in this afternoon with A Thousand and One Suns by Zanete Knits. You can purchase the pattern on the designer’s website.

The sweater is knit in the round from the top down. We used Felted Tweed Colour (#23 x 6 balls) for the main colour and Felted Tweed (#210 x 2 balls) for the contrast. We knit the third size and went up needle size. The designer suggested 3.5mm but Diana used 3.75mm.

Diana matched the sleeves. This did use up a bit extra yarn. If you don’t care that everything matches then I think you could use 5 balls for the main colour.


Alex and her mom dropped by last week with my Cinnabar. Alex did an amazing job blocking it for me.

I thoroughly enjoyed knitting this shawl. If I didn’t have so many things on my wish list I would be casting on another one. I used Versus in Forgive and Forget and Dyed in the Wool in Wololo. I have kits available on the website.


The Jays are on and it’s time to knit. Okay. Blue Jays. Let’s Play Ball!!!

No comments: