Monday, September 27, 2021

Tosh DK

Mr. Canada Post brought a box from SweetGeorgia this morning. These are brand new colours of Tough Love Sock that I put together for Stephen West’s Shawlography MKAL.  

I’m fairly certain that this is the colourway that I will be using for the shawl.

Later in the morning Ms. UPS brought in a box from Madelinetosh that had a restock of Tosh Twist Light. Here are a few more MKAL kits that I put together.
We have a big restock of Tosh DK. I put this combination together for Andrea Mowry’s Douglas Cardi. I didn’t bring them home but they are in my head.

Antique Lace
Dr. Zhivago Sky
Saffron
Joshua Tree
Whiskey Barrel
Many moons ago we (Sarah, Lynn and I) knit Gnarled Oak in Tosh DK. It was cold earlier this week and I pulled mine out and wore it to work.
A basic cardigan that features a stunning, embossed cabled oak leaf motif. Gnarled Oak is knit in one piece from the bottom up. The sleeves are knit separately and joined at the yoke.
You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. When I was looking up the pattern on Ravelry I see that the pattern was published in 2011 and we knit our cardigans when the pattern came out. That is many moons ago. My cardigan looks just as good today as it did the day it was finished.
Sarah hasn’t aged since we knit these.

Lynn used Tosh DK to make her Comfort Fade Cardi. 

From the bottom up
Good Silence
Night in Chile
Patagonia
Translation
Another project that has been knit many times in Tosh DK is the Honey Cowl.
A simple slip stitch pattern cowl creates a dense waffle-like fabric for warmth and supple drape. This flexible pattern can be worked in four different sizes using just one or two skeins of yarn. Both short and longer versions are lovely viewed on both sides. This cowl is perfect for a bright pop of color and a warm hug around your neck.
The pattern for the Honey Cowl is free on Ravelry.

Where’s dinner?

No comments: