Friday, July 30, 2021

Roan

We just restocked Organic Cotton Worsted from Blue Sky Fibers.

Environmentally friendly and naturally soft making it ideal for baby knits and your favorite sweater. A worsted two-ply yarn in a robust line of colors.

A lofty Fisherman’s Rib tank knit flat in two pieces from the bottom up, joined at the shoulders and seamed along the sides. This top is an appropriate project for the brioche-curious knitter and will be a delight to wear during the warm weather months.


There are many great patterns (including the pattern for this top) on the Blue Sky Fibers website.

This afternoon Lynn and I tried to get pictures of the new colours of Roan.
We tried on the cash desk, outside in the sun, outside under the tree, on the floor in the front room and on the floor at the door. These pictures are all the same colour but none of them are like the actual skeins.



I brought the skeins home and tried on my kitchen counter
This is closer to the colour but it’s still off. The skein looks a bit blue green but it’s more green. I’ve added pictures to the website and will have proper pictures from Primrose on August 10th.
The new colours look great.



Romance
Passion
Serenity
Omen

These came home with me for a shawl. I know - I said nothing new - it’ll be a challenge to finish it before the Rowan arrives. The challenge will start tomorrow because I don’t want to start a new project at 9pm.

Now to watch the Olympics. There isn’t much knitting because I’m flipping from channel to channel to see as many events as possible.

No comments: