Thursday, July 29, 2021

Copper

Sarah finished her Log Cabin Afghan and it looks amazing! I wasn’t sure about the purple border but now that I see it I like it. I think that you could use any colour for the border and it would work.

Sarah made 25 squares for her afghan. I like it with the extra squares and am going to make 25 for mine.


I talked to our supplier and there should be new colours coming in August.

The kits for the Color Play Mohair Wrap were popular at our outdoor sale. More yarn just arrived and kits are back on the website.
This wrap is a fun knit. I think I made it 5 times when the pattern first came out. It is mindless knitting. You are holding 2 strands of the mohair/silk together on larger needles. 

My Rowan order is finished and we will have the books and yarn for September 1. I can’t wait to show you pictures. I am not starting another project until it arrives because there is a scarf that I have to knit. It is fairisle and is stunning. It is something that people will be stopping you on the street to look at.

Here’s a sneak peek at new needles coming from Lykke this fall. The needles are made from 100% copper and will acquire a lovely soft patina with continued use.

Someone needs to have his bangs cut.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Do you have a price on the copper needles? I am interested in the 5” interchangeable set. Thank you.

Julie said...

We don’t have a price yet but I am guessing under $200.