Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Stephen West

Lynn finished her Vertices Unite. I’m proud of her - this is her first Stephen West shawl. Lynn chose 5 colours of tosh merino light. There are 2 sizes to the shawl - small and large. Lynn read up on Ravelry and a few people made a medium - Lynn followed their adjustments.
Now that she has knit a Stephen West shawl Lynn is looking at Stephen in a whole new light. She enjoyed the pattern and said that it was easy to follow. Her favourite part? The I-Cord bind off. 

Vertices Unite is a playful geometric shawl exploration filled with fun shaping techniques and lots of color. Increases, decreases, and short rows form the simple shapes. Each section is picked up and knit from the last section or worked as it is being joined to the other pieces like a puzzle so it is completely seamless. An I-cord border adds a crisp outline to the finished shawl. Grab a collection of fingering weight yarns and choose the sweet small size or a lusciously large wrap.

Meet the Dustland Shawl - new from Stephen West.
Photos © Stephen West

This top-down shawl features several easy knit purl textures for an entertaining and soothing project. Four skeins of DK weight wool like West Wool Tandem create this large cozy shawl. Garter stitch frames the wingspan edges and a crisp I-cord bind off finishes this top-down shawl for a crisp clean look.



You can purchase the pattern on Stephen’s website.

Mr. UPS brought us a big box of Roan. Brand new colours. These are not on the website. Primrose hasn’t taken pictures yet so I need to. We took skeins outside for pictures and the colours were so distorted in the bright sun. We’ll try tomorrow in the shade.

I think that I might try Stephen’s shawl in Roan.

I couldn’t post last night because I was afraid to touch my iPad. I was a menace yesterday. The first thing I did was knock over a full XLarge Tea from Tim’s. I soaked an upholstered bar stool as well as the kitchen floor. The chair was cleaned first and then I had to wash the kitchen floor. Then I made brownies - no problem. After brownies I started on muffins. I dropped an egg on the floor. Yup - I had to wash the kitchen floor again. After this I didn’t touch anything breakable.

There was a lot of work happening at our house today.

It’s almost finished. No, it doesn’t slope, I took a very bad picture. We need doors on the cabinets. The vent hood has to be finished. There is a ceiling fan to be hung. Then we can starting cooking.
Meet Jackson - we picked the name before picking the puppy. Now we’re thinking Jackson Brown. Beth is flying to Calgary to pick him up in a few weeks. He is part St. Bernard and part Bernese Mountain Dog. 

Beth assures me that he isn’t going to shed šŸ˜˜ And he isn’t going to be very big.

3 comments:

Melissa Pruden said...

Oh my gosh he’s soooo cute I love Jackson Brown! His paws are soo big and he looks like a teddy bear you want to squish! Boscoe and his baby brother are going to have so much fun!
I hope you have a better day tomorrow!
The porch looks awesome!

Karen said...

Those two breeds won't be very big???? hmmm
I love that Grey shawl from Steven West. Me thinks that needs to be on my needles

Anonymous said...

I love Lucy and Boscoe, and Jackson looks like a great addition to the family. He's so fluffy and such an adorable face. I always look forward to seeing the yarn and patterns, but the dogs are a bonus.