Sunday, August 01, 2021

Slumber

Here is my new project. This is the start of Stephen West’s Slumber Shawl.  

I’m using Roan and the colours will fade from left to right. I have two more repeats and then I join in the next colour. The pattern is easy to follow - all you need to know is knit, purl and yarn over. It is knit on 5mm needles so the rows are going quickly.


Photos © Stephen West

Choose four colors of worsted or aran weight yarn and fade them together for this simple top-down shawl. Textured stripes flow into a wavy border that is easy and quick to knit.

You can purchase the pattern on Stephen’s website. 





The rain came down this afternoon.
We had a river running through our backyard. Sunday dinner is steak on the barbecue. There was no barbecuing tonight. Once the construction is finished we won’t have to worry about the weather.

Now back to my knitting and the Olympics. I’m hoping that watching the athletes going fast will make me knit faster.

No comments: