Thursday, August 05, 2021

50km

My Slumber Shawl is growing. I’ve faded in the second colour. I think there are about 14 more rows and then I start to fade in the third colour. The shawl has been perfect TV knitting.

While cleaning this morning I found 2 colours of Mrs. Crosby Train Case that I forgot to add to the website.  

Meet Spindrift and Bricks & Mortar. I took pictures outside and they are online.

This is the Cottage Grove Cowl from Blue Sky Fibers. I should have pictured it last week when I talked about Blue Sky Organic Worsted Cotton.
A fun use of the linen stitch combined with both Solid and Printed Organic Cotton (Worsted) makes this piece soft, colorful and seasonless.


Before leaving the store today I put together new colour combinations for Andrea Mowry’s Illuminate.


Photo © Andrea Mowry

Every night I say I’m going to bed early and then I get sucked into the Olympics. Maybe tonight? While I’m writing I have the 50km Race Walk on. I hurt thinking about 50km. Imagine walking from Ancaster to Kitchener. Or Ancaster to past Oakville. 

We’ve had dinner, played a few rounds of dominoes, cleaned the kitchen and they are still Race Walking. There are 4km to go and our Canadian, Evan Dunfee, just dropped to 6th place. He was in medal contention until now. He finished 4th at the last Olympics. I’m sitting on pins and needles. 

No comments: