Wednesday, January 08, 2020

New Home

It was one of those days where Lynn, Alex and I decided to start moving things around. Noro Ito now lives in the front window. I think it will enjoy it's new home.


I cast off last night and then soaked Newleaf. Right now it's lying on a towel in my bathtub. It should be close to dry when I get home tonight and I will lay it out properly. I didn't need to do any stretching because the size was perfect.

There is one small problem with the sweater. When you knit the colourwork, Jenn suggests going up a needle size. This is because most people pull their yarn too tight when carrying colours. I don't pull tight so the yoke is a bit too loose - it looked baggy before blocking. I hope it will be better when I try it on tonight. The solution? Not one that I like because it is knit top down. I would have to put the sweater on the needles just below the colourwork and take the whole top off. Then I would knit the yoke from the armholes up. The thought of doing this might make me cry.

Yarnuary
Day 8 - your knitting buddies

Wow. This is tough. I have so many knitting friends.
Sarah, Lynn and Wannietta. I chose this picture because Wannietta loves to laugh.
Cathy does not like to have her picture taken. I had to scroll back a long way to find one of her.
Alex does not like to have her picture taken. I had to scroll back a long way to find one of her.
Diana who knits samples for us.
My Camp models who have been friends for years - Julie, Lynn, Dalia and Kelley
 Laura Bryant (owner of Prism Yarns) who I've known for 25 years.

I had to stop. I could show many more pictures.

We are restocked on faux fur snap on pompoms.

These are only available in the store.

There are five different colours of beige pompoms that look almost identical in real life. We didn't have a way to label the colours to differentiate if we were selling online.



No comments: