Sunday, January 05, 2020

A gift

This is Ambah O'Brien's Sunshower Shawl. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

This is from Ambah
Australian Bush Fire Relief fundraiser 
100% of sales of the Sunshower Shawl through to midnight January 14, 2020 will be donated to the Austalian Red Cross Bushfire relief. I will cover all associated fees and taxes in order to donate the full amount from each sale. 
Introductory offer: Use the coupon BUSHFIRE to receive 20% off your purchase of the Sunshower shawl, through midnight January 14, 2020 
Designed as a fun 12 part shawl club spanning 12 months featuring yarn mini-skeins. Sunshower shawl was created with the 4 seasons in mind; moving though Winter, Spring, Summer and finally Autumn with the original colour scheme. Worked from the top down, with short row shaping, gorgeous lace edging and neatly finished off with i-cord and the lovely eyelet pattern evoking the gentle drops of a Sunshower. Make yours with a single colour, a gradient set or dig out those lovely mini’s and leftovers from your stash to create your own colour story. 
Fingering weight/4-ply 
12 Colour version: 12 skeins - 80 yd/74 m each
Solid Version: 840 yd/768 m

Yarnuary Day 5 - A gift you've received

This is the Kaffe Fassett Tumbling Blocks blanket that Jane knit for me. I didn't count but there has to be at least 50 different colours in the blanket. The pattern is aran weight so some yarns were single strand, some double strand and some triple strand. It is truly an amazing work of art.
It hung on the wall in our townhouse. The wall hanging is 9' x 8'. We had 18' ceilings - unfortunately the ceilings in our house aren't tall enough. It is nicely wrapped up and put away right now. It would looking amazing on my bed but I don't want the dogs touching it. Our ceilings are high enough in Myrtle Beach but I don't want it on the wall when we are renting out the house. It can go up in a few years.

In case you missed it - I am participating in Yarnuary.

My Newleaf is progressing. The first sleeve is finished and the second sleeve is back on the needle. I won't be finished tonight but I will finish it tomorrow. Then a good soak in Soak. It will be dry in time to take to TNNA.



I'm sitting at the island writing. Roko loved to lay at my feet when I was sitting here. It started in the townhouse. When we had the island built in the house we made sure that the ends were open so he could be comfortable - sometimes there are posts but Roko wouldn't have liked that. Boscoe is lying at my feet as I'm writing. Since Beth took the picture he has rolled over on his side and is snoring.

No comments: