Thursday, January 16, 2020

Heading to TNNA

I'm on my way to TNNA. Okay, TNNA is in Phoenix and I'm stopping in Vegas first. I'll be in Vegas for a few days and then on Saturday morning I fly to Phoenix. I don't know how much writing time there will be. I've written a post for every day with lots of pretty knitting pictures. If I have time to sit and write then there will be days with two posts.
Knox Mountain Knit Co. knit their Jade Bay Shawl (pattern purchased on Ravelry) in worsted weight. The original version was knit in fingering weight. I really like the look of this shawl in the heavier weight yarn.
Tucked into the shores of Kalamalka Lake, Jade Bay is one of the lake’s many great beaches. Named for the Okanagan chief that occupied it’s shores, Kalamalka Lake is one of only a handful of ‘marl lakes’ that display the reaction of limestone deposits to temperature change. In summer these deposits crystallize, giving the lake its blue-green hue. 
Jade Bay is a top down, triangle shawl consisting of squishy garter stitch and a simple lace border. Designed for your favorite solid colour, two complimentary colours, or a main colour and a mini kit.

I think know that I want Jade Bay knit in this new colour of Woolstok.

Blue Sky Fibers has designed a new scarf for Woolstok called Ramsey Ribbed Scarf. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.
This warm scarf is a great next step beginner project. A simple 10 row repeat of rib and garter provides beautiful texture in any color your choose. 
Introducing new colors of Woolstok (Worsted) with this pattern: 
Northern Lights No. 1322 and Morning Frost No. 1324


Yarnuary
Day 16 - your first finished item

I had been knitting for years but it wasn't until I was 15 that I actually knit a sweater. Patons book 440 using Patons Shetland Chunky.

I turned my back on him for two minutes and this is where he went. He loves Lucy's spot.


It looks like we will be seeing snow on Saturday. Cathy and Sarah are working and will be driving in from Kitchener. If the weather is bad they will be staying at home and the store will be closed. Please call the store before heading out on Saturday if the weather looks bad.

No comments: