Thursday, January 02, 2020

Yarnuary

This is from Melanie Berg and I thought it would be fun to play along. You can follow Melanie on Facebook and Instagram.
Use the prompt list and share something about yourself on social media - Instagram, Facebook or wherever you prefer. Show photos, tell stories - let us be part of your background! Share as much as you wish, every day or sporadically. Feel free to tell your friends and spread the word, and use #yarnuary2020 to browse all posts that'll be shared to learn something about your fellow yarn lovers.
Day 1 - Who taught you to knit?
My mom did. I was a very active child so she taught me to crochet and then knit. This was a way to get me to sit.

Day 2 - A technique you love
I'm going to say Fair Isle. I might have picked this because my current project has a Fair Isle yoke. 

It was a hard decision - there aren't many knitting techniques that I don't like.

Boscoe on the way to work this morning.
Boscoe at work.
Boscoe came to the store to meet Lynn.

Boscoe went to meet our vet and have a check up. He was so tired he fell asleep before the vet could see him.

Our Spincycle order did not arrive today. It landed at the Mt Hope airport this morning. The airport is right by my house - we watch the planes land from our back deck. Then it went to Concord (outside of Toronto at noon). Tonight it goes to Brantford (almost passing by the store) before getting on a truck for a half hour drive to us. It's gone in a really big circle.

I only need to rib a few more rows before casting off the body of Newleaf. I need to get going. There are still two sleeves to knit in the next week. Then blocking and sewing in ends.

No comments: