Saturday, January 04, 2020

A Gift

Yarnuary
Day 4 - A gift you've made
I knit this sweater for our friend Lynda when we were in high school. This is Lynda's daughter Jessie wearing the sweater. It has lasted a long time! The pattern was from Patons book #440.

Yesterday I mentioned that I love to knit Fair Isle. My first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth sweaters were all knit in the round with colourwork in the yoke. In the 80's everyone was knitting and wearing these.

This is the Tangled Scarf knit in Rowan Big Wool. I came across the picture when I was going through my Photos looking for Jessie in her sweater. I have always loved this scarf but haven't made it - maybe this fall.

We have two faux fur poufs in our living room. Boscoe has decided that they make great dog beds. He crawls up with a toy and looks at us with an innocent face. I'm not sure that this would be acceptable behaviour with the trainer but we think it's cute.

Football playoffs start this afternoon. We did our picks last night. A friendly family wager. Beth always wins these. We were busy watching the first game and I didn't finish my post. I'm down one team already and could be down another later tonight.

My body is cast off and the first sleeve is on the needles. I should get some rows knit during the second football game.

No comments: