Thursday, January 09, 2020

Denim

This is another magazine coming from Rowan for spring. It's really cold in Ancaster this morning and these pictures give hope of nice weather to come.



I know I need this cardigan.

There is something so special about denim yarn, and Denim Revive has an added dimension, thanks to its sustainable credentials. Made from recycled cotton fibres that give Denim Revive an almost tweedy effect, the capsule colour palette of muted shades contains the classic denim shades but goes beyond the blues to include chalky white, soft red, and midnight black. A perfect choice for lace, cables, or even a traditional gansey. 

Four new shades of Denim Revive are coming for spring.



Photos ©Stephen West
This pattern was part of a KAL in 2019 and is now available for purchase. Stephen writes a great pattern - I have knit quite a few and highly recommend them.
This semi-circular shawl is all about showcasing beautiful hand dyed colors together with our solid West Wool yarn as the main color. Two skeins of each color yield this large top-down shawl decorated with graphic mosaic slip stitch patterns. Each slip stitch motif is followed by easy garter stitch for a relaxing knitting experience. The colorful sections and final edging feature the glowing dye artistry of Walk Collection. Diagonal eyelets and short row wedges during the bind off give a final flair to the Mosaic Musings shawl.
You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry...


Newleaf update - I think my sweater is going to be okay. I had it on last night but it was still really damp. I'll try it on again tonight. 

Yarnuary
Day 9 - something you've learnt
Wow. Another hard one. My answer is going to be short rows - wrap & turn. I would look at a pattern and if it said short rows I would look at something else. Now I am more comfortable with them. 

I had to change the ringtone on my cellphone. It was dogs barking. When I was Boscoe sitting on Tuesday night Beth phoned and Boscoe freaked out hearing the dogs. He went running throughout the house barking looking for the dogs. He went to every door and he couldn't find them. I'm having a hard time though because my phone rings and I don't know that it is mine.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

We have the dogs barking on our Ring doorbell. It's pretty neat.