Monday, April 22, 2019

Thank You UPS

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. I had every intention to write last night but I was so tired that I was in bed by 9:30. I couldn't even watch the Golden Knights play.
Our latest order from Atenti cleared customs late Thursday evening. We should have it in the store tomorrow afternoon - just in time for the Frolic. We will have three new colourways of the Backsac.

I spent some time in the store because I knew that boxes were coming from UPS. I have to give huge props to UPS today. When UPS knows that a business is closed on a certain day they don't try to deliver. I didn't know that. I was sitting in the store patiently waiting and no big brown truck. I finally called the depot in Brantford (you don't get anywhere with the 800 number) and they explained to me that I would be getting my boxes tomorrow. The amazing Holly called the driver and the driver deviated from her route to bring me my boxes. Lots of boxes. Thank you UPS. We could have waited until tomorrow afternoon but now Lynn and I can start on kits in the morning.

One of the boxes was full of Rockshelter Sock.

I used Rockshelter Sock for my second Find Your Fade. I love this yarn. It is slightly thicker than a fingering weight like Hedgehog Sock. Just slightly so you can use it for the same patterns.

Box two was from Spincycle. Now we can make up kits for the Nightshift for the Frolic. There are a few colours of Dyed in the Wool and Dream State that I added to the website. I also put a few Nightshift kits on the website for those who can't make it to the Frolic.

Lynn and I are going to be running tomorrow. We left the store in a bit of mess on Saturday afternoon. We were both tired and decided to leave everything until we opened again. I looked the other way and did paperwork while I was waiting for UPS.

Our house is back in order. Here are a few pictures from our gathering.
We set the room up for TV viewing. Rows of chairs - we had 25 people in the house watching the game.

When the game was finished we pushed the couch against the TV and set up tables. The great thing about an open concept house is that everyone is together when we eat.
Lucy was amazing. This was before everyone arrived. When the noise started she found a quiet corner.

It is a beautiful day and someone came out to play. He's been in the garage all winter and was happy to be in the sun.

My garden is loving the warm weather too.
It's time to get dinner in the oven and then I need to finish my Throwback. I hope to get the second band cast off tonight. Okay, I need to get it picked up first. There was no knitting on Saturday or Sunday. Once the band is finished I need to sew the seams on the sleeves and then start on my ends. I have a feeling that Lynn might be sewing in ends on Friday evening.

No comments: