Friday, April 12, 2019

Basic Beanie

We did some 'moving around' today to get ready for LYS Day. Hue Loco is going to hang in the front room. For now we have bags there. Very pretty bags.

It was very hard to put the Vintage DK out. I could have happily taken the whole box home.
Churchmouse Yarns has a new free pattern download.
Take our favorite Basic Beanie, give it a little slouch, and what do you get? This fun, free pattern! This slouchy hat has a casually rolled brim for just the right amount of easy-going charm. 
Rowan Cotton Cashmere makes this handsome topper an excellent choice for cool summer nights. Lightweight and touchable, this DK-weight blend of 85% cotton and 15% cashmere is perfect for when the sun’s gone down and the breeze turns cool.
You can download the free pattern here.

I wore Fontana, my Cotton Cashmere shawl at the Rowan meetings.
The yarn is beautiful and it felt great around my neck.

I am almost finished the cuff on the first sleeve of my Throwback. I will pick up the stitches and start the second sleeve tomorrow.
It's Monkey Jacobus week. Cathy just finished one using Liberty Wool from Classic Elite. We didn't get to meet him in person. Cathy sent him to her son for his birthday.
What a happy gift!!
Liberty from Classic Elite has been discontinued but we still have colours in stock. The yarn is 30% off and will be 40% off on LYS Day.

Now it's bed time. I was up very early this morning working on the website and starting a newsletter. I'm still catching up on my sleep from my time away.

No comments: