Sunday, April 07, 2019

Onto the Sleeves

The body is finished and I'm onto the sleeves. I am working them back and forth and then seaming them. In the pattern Andrea says to knit the sleeves in the round. My body was knit back and forth and working the sleeves in the round will give a different tension. I don't mind seaming. The mattress stitch is quick and easy.

It's 8:30 and time for bed. We're leaving for the airport at 5 - I need to get up at 4. My flight is at 8:15. The great thing is that I will be in Chicago at 9 (they are an hour behind us). I have all day to play on Michigan Avenue. Then I am meeting Beth Casey and her husband for Michael for dinner. Beth owned Lorna's Laces and Mrs. Crosby before retiring. She has been to Camp a few times so the name might sound familiar to you.

I'll try and blog tomorrow if I have time 😘.

1 comment:

von poppie said...

I love the colour combination and pattern on this sweater! it looks sooo even, without being blocked (i'm assuming?). I never really thought about changing sleeves to worked flat and then mattress stitching them together, would be great to see some pictures of that!