Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Slow Curves

Lynn and I packed a lot of mail orders this morning and then started unpacking boxes from the Frolic. Tiredness hit me and I came home for a nap. We've had a busy few weeks but after tomorrow the store should be back in order.
I wasn't sure what to blog about today so I went back through older pictures. This is Slow Curves by Joji. Rima knit it and brought it in to show us. I love the colours - she used Primrose Adelaide.
Slow Curves is a crescent shawl design that alternates wedges of solid colors with wedges of ‘faded’ or mixed yarns. With the use of short rows, these sections create curves that move like a pendulum. On one side of the shawl you will see 4 definite solid sections and on the other side you will see them all blended together.  
The result is this beautiful, big, optically intriguing shawl.
This could by my knitting in Myrtle Beach. It was going to be Nightshift but I jumped the gun and started it a bit early.

I don't want to make any promises but an order from Uschitita should be coming next week. Steffi is busy with her career as a doctor so we have to wait until she has time to dye wool.
I don't know what colours are coming but I know that they will be beautiful.

At the end of May we will have the next Laine Magazine.
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. Laine cherishes natural fibers, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life.  
Laine includes patterns from leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes, and strong, visual storytelling.  
The magazine is filled with beautiful knitwear designs as well as stunning photography.
Dad and Lucy just left - we made pizza for dinner and now it's time to knit. 

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

The Uschitita yarn is gorgeous!