Friday, April 12, 2024

The Perfect Day

I’m sitting in the airport in Orlando waiting for my flight to Toronto. I have a long wait so I’m sharing some pictures.
Yesterday we went to Coco Cay which is Royal Caribbean’s private island. I can’t say enough good things about the day. I found a quiet spot at the beach and had a relaxing day.
The green building is the washroom - 15 steps from my chair. The bar is at the umbrellas and then just past that was a place to get food. The sand felt great on my feet and I even went in the ocean.
These pictures are from the ship.


This morning I was up early for an excursion before coming to the airport. We went to the Kennedy Space Centre.
Every day an astronaut is there signing autographs. 
He was very nice to talk to and he knows Chris Hadfield.

Most of my time there was spent learning about the space shuttle. This is the space shuttle Atlantis. The actual shuttle that went on missions.
I have lots more pictures to share over the next few days. Now I need to get something to eat and then maybe a bit of knitting. There was a real lack of knitting on the trip. 

I took my cowl to the beach and did knit a few rows. I thought I would finish the cowl while I was away and I had yarn for another project. Jokes on me.

2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Love you pictures! We'll be cruising on an RCCL ship and I'll have knitting with me later this month. :) Let's see how much I get finished!

karen green said...

We went on royal Caribbean in December and loved coco cay. So much to do. I didn’t bring knitting though. Too busy with six grandchildren 😂